Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

The walk was incredible... it was an amazing experience. Such wonderful energy was everywhere. The opening ceremony was great and Sondra, Leah and I started walking at 6:57am on Saturday. It was nice and cool for the first part of the walk... all through the most beautiful (and shaded) neighborhoods in Denver. By the later afternoon it was getting hotter but we were staying strong, or so I thought. Sondra and I got to the Wellness Village at 7pm, and after that 26.2 miles, I wasn't feeling very well... dizzy, nauseous... I wound up getting an IV for an hour or so... but then I was OK after that and was able to walk again the next day. It was so hot... 98 degrees on Sunday! We were exhausted by the time we got to the closing ceremony, but we were so proud of ourselves and extremely happy to take our sneakers off! I'm really glad we did it and the most important thing is that all together, Denver raised 2.3 million dollars to fight breast cancer! So awesome!








































































Kathy, Daniel, Alice and Gus met us for the closing ceremonies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan,
I am so proud of you! Way to go!!! I can't wait to see you!
Jess